One of my best friends introduced me to this recipe when we were living together at University and it has changed my Christmases ever since. With only two ingredients and a cooking and prep time of less than half an hour, there is no excuse not to try these. I prefer them to mince pies, because the flaky puff pastry makes them feel a bit lighter. And that means you can eat more!
- 1 sheet ready made puff pastry, chilled
- 1 jar of mincemeat
- Double cream (to serve)
- Orange peel (to garnish)
1) Roll out your cold puff pastry sheet so it is nice and flat.
2) Spoon the contents of the mincemeat jar over the pastry. Don’t go too near any of the edges because it will all spill out when you roll it up.
3) Tightly roll it up from one end to the other. Cut into 1 inch pieces and lay on a piece of parchment paper, giving each of them a little room from one another.
4) Put in a preheated oven (180 degrees) for roughly 10 minutes, until they have gone dark golden brown and caramelised.